Pony Club is not just about riding. It’s about riding well into the future, bringing everyone along for the ride and caring for horses along the way. That’s why we created three national values awards. They are not competitive but are designed to recognise all our members who do extraordinary work and make an impact in the areas of sustainability, inclusion and horse welfare. The Values Awards are open all year.
PCA Community Captain Award
PCA Welfare Warrior Award
PCA Sustainability Champion Award
Annual Awards 2020
On October 16, 2020 we announced the winners of the 2020 PCA National Awards.
The awards recognised contributions and achievements over the past 18 months, in the following categories:
- Best achievement by a rider aged 12 years and under: Chloe Daun, Huntingfield Pony Club, TAS.
- Best achievement by a rider aged 13-17 years: Holly Pulford, Murrumbateman Pony Club, NSW.
- Best achievement by a rider aged 18-25 years: Sarah Gant, Hendra Pony Club, Queensland.
- The Kay Irving Award for Coach of the Year: Rachael Edwards, Seville Pony Club, Victoria.
- Volunteer of the Year (joint winners): Erin Hunn, Hobart and Districts Pony Club, Tasmania, & Lois Dawes, Babinda and District Pony Club, Queensland.
- Club of the Year: Lilydale District Pony Club, Tasmania.
Congratulations to our winners and finalists. Thank you to all who nominated riders, coaches, volunteers and clubs. Special thanks to our guest judges Wendy Schaeffer and Megan Jones and our sponsors Heiniger Equine, Dmac Apparel and Gow-Gates Group.
View winners from previous years on our Honour Roll.
10,000 Steps Tournament
In April 2021, we held our first 10,000 Steps Tournament. It’s a great way to increase your physical activity, enjoy the team vibe and have fun! The tournament is open to all PCA Members – riding and non-riding. Participants got their steps by walking, running and riding and we gave out some great prizes. View the winners and prizes in our 2020 10,000 Steps summary.
To find out more about the 10,000 steps program, how tournaments run and the science behind aiming to take 10,000 steps per day (or just increasing your steps), click on the logo to the right.
YAC Photo Competition 2020
In 2020, The Pony Club Australia Youth Advisory Council held a photo competition throughout August. The competition included five exciting categories: Best Concentration face – #PCAConcentrationFace, Fancy Dress – #PCAFancyDress, Glow Up – #PCAGlowUp, Portrait/HeadShot – #PCAHeadshot, and Action Shot – #PCAActionShot.
The WINNERS AND FINALISTS were selected from almost 1,000 entries. Special thanks to our judges (Heath Ryan, Cristine Bates, Click ‘n’ Capture Photography, Shane Rose and Bec Hennessy, owner of Bush Pony Media ) and sponsors (Ranvet, Horseland, Heiniger Equine, Bush Pony Media and EQ Saddlery).